Tuesday, May 18, 2010

How do I read the eyeglass frame sizes?

Sean:
    How do I read the sizes? I have a wide face and need frames that are a little larger?
Linda:
    hello, please hold
Sean:
    ok
Linda:
    thanks for holding.. please click on the following link http://manpradasunglasses.com/pd_designer_discount.aspx?pN=Vps_56A_c_1BO1O1&cN=Prada_Eyeglasses_Eyeglasses&pID=30058
Linda:
    it will show you how the sizes work
Sean:
    so if the size says 53x17x are those in cm? What do those numbers represent?
Linda:
    those are in millimeters
Sean:
    ok so if I measure a pair I own that I like I should be able to see the size I like
Linda:
    first is the lens width, second is the bridge's width.. can you see the picture?
Sean:
    yes I see
Linda:
    the total width of the frame  : lens width *2 + bridge width
Sean:
    got it what about the temple lenght is that typically the same?
Linda:
    the temple varies as well, can be  from 130 to 145
Sean:
    on the page there is no measurement
Linda:
    Yes I know, not all frames have that.. what frame you have in mind??
Sean:
    let mefind it
Linda:
    ok, would you like to come back when you find it? 
Sean:
    thanks Linda, just got distracted I will look for it
Sean:
    http://manpradasunglasses.com/pd_designer_discount.aspx?pN=PH_2038_c_5003&cN=Polo_Eyeglasses_Eyeglasses&pID=24855

No comments: